Welcome!

My husband and I opened Gallo Pizzeria in San Antonio, TX. We offer delicious pies of all kinds and a huge variety of toppings. We also specialize in pizza picosa!! Our Diablo pizza is made with our own special Diablo sauce and topped with habanero, ghost pepper, and jalapeno. The photo you see above was taken by fantastic photographer Erik Gustafson. Erik, thank you for taking such beautiful pictures of our food!

Welcome to Gallo Pizzeria!

164 Castroville Rd
San Antonio, TX 78207

http://www.gallopizzeria.com/

www.facebook.com/gallopizzeriasa

Friday, January 6, 2012

Babies, Big Red, and Greek Salads


Opening a restaurant is kind of like having a baby ... minus the tremendous physical pain, though there is still a lot of crying and sweating. There is a sense of pride in it, a sense of belonging, and there is definitely love. We laid every tile, we painted every one of our old benches, we hand-selected every knick knack. It is both our home and our gift, and the people who visit us start to feel like family. Sometimes, a customer will walk in and I wish I weren't working so I could just sit down and have a Big Red and a salad with them!




Beautiful Big Red photo by Andrew Filer



I may not be able to sit and eat a delicious salad with you, but I can certainly serve you one! Greek Salads are on sale this weekend (we are open Saturday AND Sunday)!!

Get a Large Greek salad for only $4.99, OR try our new side salad size for only $1.99!

Meet the Greek salad: it wears only the finest of dining couture! Juicy cucumbers, fresh red onions, chunks of tomato, and crisp romaine lettuce and all of this garnished with the most delicious hat made this season - feta cheese, kalamata olives, pepperocinis, and oregano. You can pair it with our Greek dressing, but we also offer Ranch and Italian.





I am a bit of a strange one, so I like to order the Greek pizza (we call it Al Greco) AND the large salad, and just throw salad and Greek dressing all over my pizza and eat it that way. That is my current idea of heaven, next to a nice cup of coffee and Steven's brownies. I'm thinking of getting a coffee machine at the restaurant because I love coffee almost as much as I love brownies almost as much as I love salad and pizza... almost as much as I love our customers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment