Welcome!

My husband and I opened Gallo Pizzeria in San Antonio, TX. We offer delicious pies of all kinds and a huge variety of toppings. We also specialize in pizza picosa!! Our Diablo pizza is made with our own special Diablo sauce and topped with habanero, ghost pepper, and jalapeno. The photo you see above was taken by fantastic photographer Erik Gustafson. Erik, thank you for taking such beautiful pictures of our food!

Welcome to Gallo Pizzeria!

164 Castroville Rd
San Antonio, TX 78207

http://www.gallopizzeria.com/

www.facebook.com/gallopizzeriasa

Monday, January 2, 2012

New Years Resolutions




I've found a time window to blog and I'm taking advantage of it! It's been a lovely day. Mack and I ventured to Guadalupe Lumber Company for a quick search - we were looking for a laminate to turn into a dry erase board (success!) We haven't been to GLC in a while and it was a pleasure, as always. Love that place.

Some of Mack's family came to visit, as well, and helped us organize our office and our lovely 'specials' board.



In between I had one of those stressful, teary moments after which you wonder why the heck you were so upset. Mack asked me what was wrong and my response in a soppy voice was, "I DON'T KNOW!!!" I think it's one of those moments where exhaustion kind of takes over. There's plenty of time to rest no matter what you do - it's just a matter of managing your time (new mommies are, of course, excluded from this rule); sometimes I forget this and push a little bit too hard. We all always must remember to breathe and take time to meditate and be quiet. Quiet is invaluable; I think I don't take enough quiet because I'm so in love with the noise. The bustle of a busy room, the sound of children giggling, the sweet hum of the vent-a-hood when a pizza is being born. It's all grand.



Speaking of things being born, the year 2012 was born a few days ago. It's a brand spanking new year and chances are we've misunderstood the Maya calendar (as we do most things) and we'll all go on living and exploring through this year and in to the next one. Resolutions are tricky things because they're innately filled with the promise of future guilt. If we don't lose that pesky ten pounds or write that book we've been toying around with or keep the kitchen clean all year, then we might punish ourselves later in the year (please note those - such as myself - who are trying to lose ten pounds, our Greek salad is super healthy for you LOL). Maybe we should resolve just to be good to ourselves and to those we love. And eat lots of pizza AND Greek salad!!!

I resolve today to feature the Chanchi Pizza. The Chanchi is an amazing concoction derived by my cousin Sandra. We sprinkle a healthy helping of mozzarella cheese over some flavorful bean sauce and then add red onions, black olives and creamy avocado. Of course, there are variations. We have one customer who likes us to throw on chicken marinated in Salsa Louisiane, and sometimes I like the Chanchi with the Salsa Mexicana rather than the bean sauce. It's ALL good ;)


Hope you're having a great New Year so far! We hope to see you in the very near future and feed you some delicious food,
Steph



No comments:

Post a Comment