Welcome!

My husband and I opened Gallo Pizzeria in San Antonio, TX. We offer delicious pies of all kinds and a huge variety of toppings. We also specialize in pizza picosa!! Our Diablo pizza is made with our own special Diablo sauce and topped with habanero, ghost pepper, and jalapeno. The photo you see above was taken by fantastic photographer Erik Gustafson. Erik, thank you for taking such beautiful pictures of our food!

Welcome to Gallo Pizzeria!

164 Castroville Rd
San Antonio, TX 78207

http://www.gallopizzeria.com/

www.facebook.com/gallopizzeriasa

Friday, January 13, 2012

Gluten-Free San Antonio!

I’ve been thinking a lot about nutrition and the health of our friends and our customers. We pride ourselves in the lack of grease in our foods, we use the freshest of vegetables and toppings, and we also offer a super healthy Greek salad with tomatoes, cucumbers, red onions, and kalamata olives and a hearty Greek dressing. But I’m starting to think outside of the box.



Our friend Kat discussed gluten-free crusts with me early on and this is definitely something that has our interest. So many of our friends have been affected with Celiac disease, and we would like to offer a delicious product that will be available to them, as well.



One of our other very close friends has recently been battling with gallbladder issues. She can’t have cheeses anymore, and I’m looking into cheese alternatives. My dream at this point is to develop a pizza for those who can’t enjoy the cheese and crust that so many of the rest of us take for granted. It can also be an option for those times when we’re trying to go easy on the pizza (I eat pizza almost EVERY day, so I’m not in that place LOL, but at some point I'll take another break from my constant pizza diet).



For now, my gluten-free friends, try this link over at our fave site UrbanSpoon to find San Antonio’s most friendly gluten-free restaurants (my personal favorite is The Cove, though we also really love the folks at Purple Garlic, too):



Please note you can also vote for yours truly on Urban Spoon, as well, by clicking on the image below ;)




I’ve also got paninis and bagels on the brain. When I lived in New York (and I know Jeremiah’s going to groan when he reads this because I always go on about NY – sorry, Mack, it’s a great city, too, ya know!), it seemed incredible paninis and bagels were everywhere.




Every corner – bam – delicious paninis! I’ve looked into industrial panini grills and they are *NICE* I’m thinking the first panini I make will be comprised of tomatoes, mozzarella, and spinach. OM NOM NOM. Did I mention we’re also looking into making our own mozzarella? We’re crazy that way.
Going back to NY (how I heart you NY), I want to stress what we always forget, living here in the biggest small town known to man. San Antonio…
... is AWESOME in its lameness. We are great-hearted, big-spirited people, who know how to have fun. And we have SPURS! I love my city more than I can express.

For a great representation of San Antonio life, check out our friend Jaime’s page: http://www.youtube.com/user/jaimales84



This video he did on Dia de los Muertos is just lovely:




I have a lot of pride in our city, and especially in its people. Our customers prove every day to me the greatness and the kindness of our people.


We'll keep you posted about our gluten-free journey and we'll definitely run a special on the pizza when it first arrives. Trust me, it will be the most delicious, financially-friendly gluten-free pie you will be likely to have in the city - I'll make sure of it. Some of you have also asked for juices and milk, and we're working on that one, too. Milk especially will serve those who try the Diablo!


Happy Friday-the-13th!



Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment